Raquel Kalil is a visual designer specializing in creative direction for tech and food futures.
She currently works at frog where she creates materials that expand brand identity across physical and digital platforms. She’s worked with startups, nonprofits and Fortune 500 companies to develop visual identities and experiences.
In her studio practice, Raquel explores image-making processes to produce limited edition publications and identities for pop up exhibitions and lectures. Her latest work documents waste streams and eating rituals asking audiences, “how will your eating habits impact the earth?”
Outside of frog and studio, Raquel is a graphic design consultant for Speculative Futures Initiative and Primer20 conference.
Raquel holds an MFA in Design from the California College of the Arts and a B.Des in Architecture from the University of Florida.
Email / LinkedIn / Instagram / Dribbble / Twitter
- frog Trends 2020, “Envisioning-and Designing-a Planet-Centric Future”
- The Dutch Institute of Food and Design “Relationships between the hand, the food, and the land”
- Institute for the Future Sponsored Studio Actionable Matter
- Women of Graphic Design Studio Infographic
- Wedding Stationary
- Lunch Mass, CCA Campus Collection, 2018-2019
- Cradle, La Comida es Medicina, La Galería de la Raza, 2018
- Pocket Picnics, Food Inno Symposium 2018
- Pocket Picnics, PRIMER Conference, 2018
- Pocket Picnics SF Art Book Fair, 2018 + Otis Art Book Fair, 2018
- Hand Food Mouth, installation, MFA Design Thesis Show, 2018
- Past Futures an edible insect dinner, O2 Artisans Aggregate, 2018
- Lunch Mass, CCA Commencement Exhibition, 2018
- Cradle, Craft of Use studio exhibition, CCA, 2017
- Hand Sandwich, The California Academy of Sciences 2017
- Sweet Space, The California Academy of Sciences 2017
- Et Sens, Dump Dining, Speculative Futures Meetup, 2017
- Et Sens, sponsored by The Institute for the Future, 2017
- Savannah Scanner, The California Academy of Sciences 2016
- Sites Unseen, Gray Area Technology, 2016
- H A A R, CCA Commencement Exhibition 2016
- 30’ Inflatable Penguin, w/ Sam Stowe and Bonny, The California Academy of Sciences, 2015
- Mauna-Lewa-Kai at Honolulu Open Studios Gallery Walk, 2015
- East Asia Architecture, SOA Gallery, University of Florida, 2010
- Fabricated Faces at University of Florida, Reitz Gallery, 2008